Hey there! I’m a 40-something mother to a 14 year old, a 10 year old, and another baby girl on the way! I’m also a professional photographer with more than 8 years of experience behind the lens at Stacy Mae Photography. When my first two were born more than a decade ago, I was obsessed with trying to capture every fleeting moment of their childhood. Boy how I wish I had known then what I know now! The images in my camera never matched what I saw with my own eyes. This time around I am so excited to discover motherhood with a whole new set of eyes. And I’d love for you to join me!
When I don’t have a camera in my hand, you’ll probably find me watching Fixer Upper, creeping home decor blogs, or browsing Home Goods for things my husband says we don’t need. We have a rescue pup named Lady who we adore and would happily adopt all.the.puppies if we could. I prefer tea, not coffee, chocolate after every meal, the beach over the pool, and Harry Potter is our go-to rainy day movie marathon of choice.
The thing I’m most passionate about in life is family. My husband and I both have big families and I love it! I grew up with a ton of cousins and my kids have lots of cousins too. It’s always loud and crazy and I wouldn’t change a thing.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things that might surprise you.
1. I’m a twin! Even though my sister and I look nothing alike. Lol! I’m 5 minutes older than her and use those 5 minutes to boss her around.
2. I’m kind of scared of the dark. When I was little I used to pull the covers up around my neck because I was positive there were vampires in my room.
3. I love to draw. The girls and I like to watch You Tube videos when we’re bored. One of our faves is Art Hub for Kids.
4. I’m like crazy good at word searches.
5. I really wish I could sing. I love belting out tunes in the car or the shower, but I’m so bad. My teenage daughter though has an amazing voice. I just wish she wasn’t so shy! She refuses to sing in front of my husband and I. I don’t even think I knew she could sing until I saw her up on stage as Jane in a summer theater production of Mary Poppins. Needless to say I cried like a baby when I heard her beautiful voice.
Now that you know a little more about me, let me tell you what you can expect here on Stacy Mae & Co. I hope to inspire you to use your camera to tell more stories. Motherhood is a complicated journey. One with highs and lows and lots of amazing in between moments. All of which should be documented!
There’s a quote from photographer Elliot Erwitt that I love and want to share with you.
“[Photography] has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
I hope to help you rediscover your creativity and see the beauty in your everyday.
Once baby girl arrives, I am going to begin a Project 365. What’s that, you ask? A photo a day for an entire year! I’ve tried before and failed miserably, but a new baby seems like the perfect opportunity to stay motivated. I’ll be posting my daily images in the private FB group and a weekly roundup here on the blog along with my camera settings.
Make sure you sign up for my Sunday’s with Stacy Mae email list and you’ll get access to a bunch of free downloads and tutorials.